By Kathy Mahoney
On Monday, May 8th, 116 juniors loaded buses and traveled to Boston to attend NACAC’s National College Fair at the Boston Convention Center. Over 400 colleges and universities were represented as students perused the aisles, making connections with admissions counselors and gathering information about potential future plans. Students returned to Medfield having gained more insight into the direction they might choose after graduation (which is only a year away)!
The college fair is the culminating junior event of our Junior Future Planning curriculum. The guidance office encourages all families to meet with their counselor individually to discuss future planning, including things to tackle over the summer, and what to expect come the fall of senior year. Below is a list of suggested activities for the summer to start senior year ahead of the curve.
Summer To Do List:
- Complete Counselor Recommendation Form on Naviance.
- Create Common Application account: www.commonapp.org
- Register/take standardized tests: www.collegeboard.org and www.actstudent.org
- Work on college essays. Common App essay topics available now.
- Finalize college list and update in Naviance
- Visit schools